Veterinary Ophthalmologist Services in Virginia, North Carolina & South Carolina
Providing Comprehensive Animal Eye Care Services
At Animal Eye Care, our Virginia, North Carolina & South Carolina animal eye specialists offer a full range of ophthalmologic services for all types of pets, including dogs, cats, small animals, exotic pets, and horses. We are proud to offer both preventative eye care and medical and surgical treatment for a variety of eye conditions, such as glaucoma, cataracts, corneal ulcers, and more.
Learn more about our services here or contact the location nearest you today to request a consultation or appointment with one of our board certified veterinary ophthalmologists.
We offer thorough and comprehensive eye exams for pets in Virginia and The Carolinas. In most cases, these exams involve slit-lamp bio-microscopy and indirect ophthalmoscopy, as well as a neuro-ophthalmic examinations and vision assessments.
At Animal Eye Care we evaluate your pet's eyes with the most up-to-date ophthalmology equipment, including:
- Binocular indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Ocular ultrasound
- Slit-lamp bio-microscopy
Some pets may also need:
- Applanation tonometry, ultrasonography
- Digital photo-documentation of the anterior segment and fundus
- Gonioscopy, electroretinography, streak retinoscopy
Our thorough animal eye examinations allow us to accurately detect and diagnose various conditions which, in turn, allows us to provide better treatment.
Medical & Surgical Treatments & Therapies
Animal Eye Care offers the latest in medical therapy to treat a wide range of ocular conditions, some of which include:
- Anterior uveitis
- Autoimmune ocular surface disease
- Infected corneal ulcers
- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (dry eye)
We also provide a range of surgical therapies. Our board certified veterinary ophthalmologists utilize the most cutting-edge surgical equipment, coupled with years of experience, to provide your pet with the highest level of surgical care for a wide range of vision compromising conditions.
Routine procedures include:
- Autologous and xenographic grafting for severe corneal ulcers
- Cryotherapy for aberrant eyelid hairs and minor eyelid tumors
- Eyelid reconstruction/repair for trauma, breed-related abnormalities, and expansive eyelid tumors
- Laser cyclodestructive procedures and filtration implants for glaucoma
- OFA certification exams
- Service animal exams
- Surgery for advanced retinal detachment
Some of other procedures and therapies include:
Advanced therapies for:
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Immune keratitis
- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (dry eye) including parotid duct transpositions
- Canthoplasties for brachycephalic breeds, including Pugs, Shih Tzus, and Pekingeses
- Correction of entropion and ectropion
- Cryoepilation for abnormal eyelashes, including distichia, ectopic cilia, and trichiasis
- Reconstruction, including rotating flaps and resections for removal of eyelid masses
- Enucleation and exenteration as needed for pain and blindness
- Evisceration with intra-scleral prostheses
- Orbitotomies for tumor and cyst removal
Does Your Pet Need Ophthalmologic Services? Call Us Today!
The Animal Eye Care team is happy to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have regarding your pet’s ophthalmologic service in Virginia, North Carolina & South Carolina. With over 20 years spent serving our community, we are committed to providing you and your pet with the very best care at an affordable price.
Learn more: contact the location nearest you today.
“He was wonderful - kind, funny, and he took the time to explain what we needed to know about the condition.”- Kimberly F.
“I walked in their door about to fall apart in fear and left with hope.”- Jessica S.
“I would not hesitate to go there again and recommend them highly!”- Theresa H.